A WhatsApp chatbot is a software program which runs on an encrypted WhatsApp platform. Users can communicate with a chatbot through the interface as if they were talking to a real person.
Why is the WhatsApp platform so lucrative? Well, with 1.5 billion users in 180 countries, it’s the largest messaging app in the entire world. There’s actually 200 million more people using WhatsApp than Facebook Messenger. Facebook Messenger may have the market covered in the United States, but WhatsApp leads the charge in countries like India, Spain, Brazil and Italy.
In 2014, Facebook bought WhatsApp for a mind-blowing $19 billion. Although the rest of the tech world found it shocking, clearly Facebook had the foresight to understand where WhatsApp was headed and just how valuable it was.
Let’s be honest, most of the interactions we are having daily are through some sort of social network. And, as with most other social networking, what starts out as fun for individuals, typically transitions into the business world. With 1.5 billion users sending an average of 55 billion messages a day, there is a huge potential audience for small businesses to tap into.
What is WhatsApp Business and How Can You Get On Board?
Before we dive into the chatbot angle, WhatsApp Business is the first step that you can take to connect with your clients through the instant messaging app they are already comfortable with. Businesses can use WhatsApp to provide customers with updates about timing, confirmations, and other information they need to know.
WhatsApp Business lets you set up a profile with an image, description, location, URL, and contact details. It also enables companies to answer questions and keep in touch in real-time. You can have shortcut answers to respond to frequently asked questions and you can even automate an out-of-office-type reply to signal you aren’t around to chat just now.
The Benefits of Using WhatsApp for Your Business
There are a variety of benefits to using WhatsApp chatbots for your business, which include:
- Assisting customers on their preferred platform
- Answering customers questions instantly
- Enhancing the customer experience on an advanced app
- Leading customers down the sales funnel by enabling them to take fast action
- Build loyalty and trust with customers through conversations
- Personalize the customer experience by infusing the script WhatsApp uses with your brand voice and values
- Data security with end-to-end encryption in WhatsApp
How to Use WhatsApp Chatbots for E-commerce
E-commerce continues to be on the rise: Amazon just reached a $1 trillion evaluation, and global e-commerce sales are expected to hit $4.5 trillion by 2021. Although in North America, e-commerce is a big market, it pales in comparison to Asia. In fact, Asia’s e-commerce market is worth $831.7 billion, compared to North America’s $552.6 billion.
Why such a difference between the two? In order to be as successful as Asia, North American businesses can improve by adjusting their websites so they properly optimize for several customer-oriented metrics, including CAC, CLV, AOV, Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) revenue by traffic source and shopping cart abandonment rates.
Now, that might sound like a lot of tech mumbo jumbo, but it all boils down to employing the following solutions to ensure that customers aren’t choosing your competitor over you:
- Automate support and customer service queries to decrease ticket volumes
- Generate, qualify and convert leads automatically
- Ensure you are visible on a variety of channels (messenger apps, website, social media, etc.)
- Boost agent efficiency and productivity (through training and virtual assistants)
The above requirements are difficult to implement if you are relying on employees to keep up with them; however, using WhatsApp chatbot technology can ensure improvement. There are many development firms and platforms that make use of WhatsApp’s powerful platform, and a trust chatbot consultant can help you to navigate this growing vendor landscape. But, to give you a look at some of the options, here are a few developers elevating the customer experience.
Check Out These WhatsApp Chatbot Tools For Your Business
If you are looking for chatbot technology that takes your customers’ experience to the next level, there are many available bot platforms that take advantage of the massive WhatsApp market.
- BotsCrew: A stellar team of developers and project managers at BotsCrew have experience across platforms, including WhatsApp. With an agnostic approach to the platform, they can provide customized conversational AI bots for any industry worldwide.
- Agentbot: With the help of AI, Agentbot offers brands the chance to build conversation flows. Its clean and easy-to-use interface allows you to build an effective flow of conversation.
- MessengerPeople: With the help of MessengerPeople, you’re able to easily build conversation flows to make customer communication more professional and natural. It also allows you to gather user characteristics. BMW has started to use MessengerPeople to automate customer service in their workshops.
- Botsociety: Botsociety gives you the opportunity to try out your WhatsApp chatbot prototype before you commit to it. The ability to test your bot with real users speeds up enhancements, helping you design more effective conversation flows.
- Raphiwa: To use a chatbot designed for mass communication, Raphiwha pairs you with your WhatsApp business account, and sends and receives chats.
- Yalo: Yalo uses an AI-powered CRM to develop customer relationships and help businesses engage. Results of their enhanced experiences are very successful, with over 700,000 users weekly.
How WhatsApp Chatbots Can Improve Customer Experience
There are many WhatsApp chatbots vendors, and like smartphone apps, there are some that are better suited to your business’s needs than others. Look for chatbot developers and platforms that offer detailed business intelligence features. You want to be able to tap into the data collected, understand your customers, and use the insights to drive your business forward.
Determine exactly what your business needs before approaching a chatbot vendor. Ask yourself and your team the following questions to start:
- Are you looking for a simple question-and-answer based chatbot?
- Do you want to build complex conversation flows?
- What business goals do you want the chatbot to accomplish?
- What platforms do you wish the chatbot to be on (i.e. Facebook Messenger, website, text, or WhatsApp)?
Do you want to incorporate a WhatsApp Chatbot into your digital business plan? Get in touch with one of our consultants today, who can help you navigate the sea of vendor options.